1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This version of the easy-to-make mini pastries has a spicy-sweet filling inspired by dried chili-mangoes (the recipe uses easier-to-find plain dried mangoes). You can easily adjust the spice level by increasing or reducing the amount of cayenne; at the stated level, the heat is relatively subtle. This recipe took 2nd place in The Indianapolis Star's 2006 Holiday Cookie Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour into a food processor. Cut cream cheese and butter into large chunks and add; process just until mixture starts to hold together.
- 2Empty mixture into a bowl and knead lightly, pressing dough into a disc. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour (or up to 2 days).
- 3In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat, add mangoes, cover, and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing any large pieces of mango with the back of a spoon or fork. Cool completely before using. (You may also refrigerate for 2-3 days before using.).
- 5To assemble, press 1-inch balls of dough into the bottom and up the sides of ungreased mini muffin cups. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoons of chili-mango filling.
- 6Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack; carefully remove tassies from pan when cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Mango Tassies - Holiday Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: