Recipe by Timothy H.
This recipe is the best made a day ahead and reheated! It will give the spices a period of time to blend together! Tested,Tried and True! The Junior League Flint Michigan, Home of the Spartans. Go Bucks
Top Review by Peggy D.
My husband had a recipe for Male Chauvinist Chili at one point that we have lost. He looked this one up today and I made it for dinner tonight. He loved and so did my 15-year-old daughter, who had requested chili. Very flavorful and not too difficult too make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 cups roma tomatoes, skin removed
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 16 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans (Chick peas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon in a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. Drain and crumble bacon,set aside. Brown sausage,drain set aside with bacon. Brown ground beef, strain set aside. Pour excess fat from skillet.
- Cook onion,pepper,garlic and chili pepper over low heat for 2-3 minutes.Stir in wine and Worcestershire sauce, simmer for uncovered for 10 minutes. Add the dry mustard,celery seed,chili power,salt,and pepper: simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Mash tomatoes: add with liquid to onion mixture along with the meats. Heat to boiling,reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour stirring occasionally.
- Stir beans with liquid into chili. Heat to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour,stirring occasionally.