Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
a recipe that never fails to please
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- In slow cooker, combine first 8 ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours or til heated through.
- Stir in macaroni and mix well.
- Season to taste.
This couldn't have been easier,made the house smell wonderful, and was a delicious homey meal. I used recipe #47454 Chili Seasoning, and added a little adobo sauce and chicken broth since I used regular pinto beans rather than sauced hot chili beans.I've put the extras in the freezer where they'll save the evening next time I'm too hassled to make dinner. Thanks for the husband pleaser, Bluenoser.