Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the idea from another recipe site, but I've modified it enough that I consider it my own creation now. It's easy to prepare, and reheats well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup canned corn niblet
- 1 (14 ounce) boxkraft deluxe macaroni and cheese mix
- Cook and drain ground beef with salt, pepper, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Add chili sauce, water, chili powder and corn.
- Simmer about 10 minutes to heat through.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni as directed on package.
- Combine sauce and pasta.
- Note. I use jarred pureed garlic, about 1 tsp, instead of whole cloves. Also, if you don't care to use the macaroni and cheese package, you can make your own, or use some other pasta. The sauce by itself makes about 4 cups, and is quite thick.
- Note -- The first time I made the sauce, I froze it before adding the pasta. It was still very good even after three months in the freezer.
Great recipe. I used ground turkey instead of the beef, and I didn't have any boxed mac and cheese, so I just added the cooked macaroni and topped with grated cheese when I served it....it was wonderful!!!!