1/1 Photo of Chili Macaroni and Cheese
Terri Newell's Note:
I got the idea from another recipe site, but I've modified it enough that I consider it my own creation now. It's easy to prepare, and reheats well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and drain ground beef with salt, pepper, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- 2Add chili sauce, water, chili powder and corn.
- 3Simmer about 10 minutes to heat through.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare macaroni as directed on package.
- 5Combine sauce and pasta.
- 6Note. I use jarred pureed garlic, about 1 tsp, instead of whole cloves. Also, if you don't care to use the macaroni and cheese package, you can make your own, or use some other pasta. The sauce by itself makes about 4 cups, and is quite thick.
- 7Note -- The first time I made the sauce, I froze it before adding the pasta. It was still very good even after three months in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 1704.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 34.1 g