Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy, hearty meal.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in macaroni; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This one met with my family's approval. Not hard to make, either. I just used one green pepper because we like them but we don't like-like them. I also used a spicy chili seasoning mix. Great flavor and a quick supper recipe. Thanks Nurse Di.
DH loves chili mac so I made this for him and he had two helpings. For myself and DD it was ok, a bit on the spicy side. I used Bush's mild chili beans and Brook's mild chili seasoning mix. There was no need for salt and pepper as the spices were fine. I would make a small amount of this for DH again.
Can't really explain why, but this one just didn't fit my families taste. It wasn't horrible, though. I'm sure there are lots of other's who'ld love it.