Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chili style dish with wagon wheel pasta and green beans.
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chili peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup wagon wheel macaroni or 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- In a large skillet cook ground meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato juice, chile peppers, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in uncooked macaroni and green beans.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until macaroni and beans are tender.
- To serve, spoon mixture into bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheddar cheese.