Recipe by Danny Beason
Presented By: Liz Kornfeld, Weight Watchers. Serving size 1-1/4 cup, 8 points per serving.
- 12 ounces uncooked 95% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup dry whole wheat elbow macaroni or 1 cup spiral shaped pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup grated fat free cheese, topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is brown, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and kidney beans.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with 2 T.
- cheese topping.