Recipe by Cookin' in Texas
I found this on a Del Monte Whole Kernel Sweet Gold & White Corn can. It is very tasty.
Top Review by Chef Lil' Momma Jenn
This was a little bland at first so I'm rating before I doctored it up. I added about 1/2 cup of sour cream & about 1/2 cup of cream of chicken soup to give it a creamy sauce, I also added some mexican seasoning (I almost used taco seasoning) & an extra tsp. chili powder. I will keep this recipe but with the added ingredients because in the end it was yummy.
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can white and yellow corn, drained, Del Monte
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Del Monte
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3⁄4 cup elbow macaroni, dried
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large skillet until brown; drain. Stir in corn, undrained tomatoes, beans. chilies, uncooked macaroni, chili powder, and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, if desired. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.