Recipe by RecipeNut
I have not made this yet but putting here for safe keeping! Sounds delicious! I got it from Redbook Magazine.
Top Review by SReiff
YUM! This is great! Just two changes - I didn't have hot chili powder, so I just added 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper. Had some left over canned chopped tomatoes in the fridge so I threw them in instead of using them for garnish. Delicious! Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (hot)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- diced tomato
- tortilla chips
- minced jalapeno chile
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 5-quart soup pot over medium-high heat; add onion and saute 4 minutes, until translucent. Crumble beef into pot and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and broth, then stir in condensed soup until dissolved; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pasta; continue to cook, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with diced tomato, tortilla chips, and minced chile.