1/4 Photos of Chili Mac (Cooking Light)
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
Another chili mac recipe - this one is from Cooking Light's Best of 10 Years. It was an instant hit with everyone in my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained (I used frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1Cook first 4 ingredients in a dutch oven over medium high heat till meat is browned, stirring until meat crumbles.
- 2Drain well and wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel (if your beef is lean enough, you won't really need to do this).
- 3Return beef to dutch oven; add macaroni and next 10 ingredients.
- 4stir well.
- 5Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Spoon into individual serving bowls.
- 8Sprinkle 2 T cheese over each serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Mac (Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 770.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 22.9 g