Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray. Comfort food. This makes more than she stated.
Make and share this Chili Mac Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 2 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large burger rolls or 12 slider-size rolls
- In a small skillet, heat a drizzle of oil, about 1/2 tablespoon, over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 pound turkey or beef and brown and crumble. Add onions, garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper, and cook to soften onions, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, stir a minute then deglaze pan with beer or stock.
- In a second small pan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, add milk and season sauce with salt and pepper. Let thicken then melt cheese into sauce.
- Bring a medium saucepot of water to a boil. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain pasta and toss with cheese sauce then fold in chili.
- While pasta water comes to a boil, heat a grill or griddle pan over medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, season remaining 2 pounds of meat with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and form 4 large burgers or 12 slider-size burgers. Cook burgers to desired doneness. Place patties on the buns and top with some chili mac. Serve with vegetable sticks alongside.