Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray. Comfort food. This makes more than she stated.
Make and share this Chili Mac Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 2 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large burger rolls or 12 slider-size rolls
- In a small skillet, heat a drizzle of oil, about 1/2 tablespoon, over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 pound turkey or beef and brown and crumble. Add onions, garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper, and cook to soften onions, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, stir a minute then deglaze pan with beer or stock.
- In a second small pan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, add milk and season sauce with salt and pepper. Let thicken then melt cheese into sauce.
- Bring a medium saucepot of water to a boil. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain pasta and toss with cheese sauce then fold in chili.
- While pasta water comes to a boil, heat a grill or griddle pan over medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, season remaining 2 pounds of meat with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and form 4 large burgers or 12 slider-size burgers. Cook burgers to desired doneness. Place patties on the buns and top with some chili mac. Serve with vegetable sticks alongside.