1/4 Photos of Chili-Mac Casserole
Cream Puff's Note:
I created this recipe when I wanted to use up some leftover home-made chili. Great comfort food you can make as spicy as you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium saucepan, simmer chili until heated through.
- 3Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- 4Grease a deep 8-quart or similar casserole dish.
- 5Spoon 1 cup of chili evenly on bottom of dish. Next, layer half of the macaroni, drizzle half of the ketchup (approx. 1/4 cup), half of the remaining chili and half of the cheeses. Repeat layering with remaining macaroni, 1/4 cup ketchup, remainder of chili and remaining cheeses. Top with jalapeno slices, if desired.
- 6Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
- 7*NOTE: I prefer my home-made chili in this recipe, but if I use canned chili, I like to add chopped green pepper, chopped onion, 4 oz. can green chilies, cayenne pepper or whatever I have on hand to "doctor" it up.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Mac Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 1554.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 34.0 g