1/4 Photos of Chili-Lime Shrimp Burritos
I was looking for a recipe for shrimp burritos, and didn't find any that really appealed to me, so I made up my own. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup prepared Mexican rice (your favorite recipe or box mix)
- 1/2 diced avocado (optional)
- 2 -3 burrito-size flour tortillas
- shredded cheese, of your choice (I use the pre-shredded Mexican blend)
- 1For the sauce:.
- 2Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan. Stir until no lumps remain.
- 3Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 4Turn heat to low and continue cooking 2 - 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in cumin, chili powder, and lime juice.
- 7Set aside.
- 8For the shrimp:.
- 9Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- 10In a non-stick skillet, heat butter or margarine and olive oil over medium heat until butter has melted.
- 11Stir in lime juice, cumin, and chili powder.
- 12Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- 13Mix in rice and avocado (if using).
- 14Divide the shrimp mixture between the tortillas.
- 15Drizzle some sauce on top.
- 16Sprinkle on some cheese.
- 17Roll into burritos, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Lime Shrimp Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.0 mg
- Sodium 1160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: