Recipe by ShortOrderChef
I was looking for a recipe for shrimp burritos, and didn't find any that really appealed to me, so I made up my own. I hope you like it!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup prepared Mexican rice (your favorite recipe or box mix)
- 1 diced avocado
- 2 -3 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, of your choice (I use the pre-shredded Mexican blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce:.
- Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and continue cooking 2 - 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Set aside.
- For the shrimp:.
- Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat butter or margarine and olive oil over medium heat until butter has melted.
- Stir in lime juice, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Mix in rice and avocado.
- Divide the shrimp mixture between the tortillas.
- Drizzle some sauce on top.
- Sprinkle on some cheese.
- Roll into burritos, and enjoy!