Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When my family goes to India, this is the classic food that is served on all the beaches. Hands-down my favorite Indian food and the absolutely BEST way to serve corn on the cob! You will never resort to just butter again.
- 4 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- butter, to taste (optional)
- Cook the corn in your favorite way but if a grill is available I absolutely recommend grilling it for the best results (although it is still delicious boiled, baked or steamed) and slather with butter (optional).
- In a small dish, mix together the chili powder and salt.
- Grab a lime wedge, dip in the chili mixture and rub over the corn, making sure to squeeze lime juice as doing so. Dig in while hot and don't worry about getting messy - just make sure to enjoy!
This is so yummy. I wouldn't have thought to use chili powder with corn. It's good without butter, both ways are great. And the lime adds a little something. Thanks sofie :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
My new love is corn on the grill. I made this as written and we loved it. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
I've been wanting to try this for quite some time & I was NOT disappointed!!! However, since it's kinda hard for us to eat the corn right off the cob, I took it to another level. I cut the corn off of 6 ears & squeezed on the juice of a lime. I cut the salt down to 1 tablespoon...added the chili powder & 1 tablespoon of sugar. I stirred it all together, added one stick of butter, then I "fried" it on the grill. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good...THANKS for sharing & the idea!!!