Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious zesty and tangy pork terderloin recipe made in an oven cooking bag. I got the recipe from a now defunct Healthy Cooking magazine but it also seems to be from the Reynolds kitchen. This is one recipe my husband requests over and over. Add a salad and your meal is complete. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Shake flour in the oven bag to prevent it from bursting during cooking. Place the bag in a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the honey, chili powder and lime peel. Pat surface of pork dry. Spread half of the chili mixture evenly over bottom of pork. Add pork to the oven bag. Spread the remaining chili mixture over the top of the pork. Arrange sweet potatoes around pork in an even layer in the bag.
- Close the bag with the nylon tie. Cut six 1/2-inch slits inthe top of the bag.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Slice pork and spoon juices over it before serving.
I used a boneless pork shoulder and adjusted cooking time. Turned out great. I had cooking bags, but hadn't used one in years, so it was nice to try again! Roast was juicy and flavorful. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.