Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from my low carb cookbook and I have already converted it into an OAMC recipe. Great flavors! And easy too. I add the zest of the lime. Note marinating time.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place the pork chops in a plastic bag or bowl.
- For the marinade, in a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, chili powder, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic.
- Pour over the chops, turning to coat well. Label and freeze at this point if you are doing OAMC. If not, allow to marinate for 4-24 hours before broiling.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan Broil for 6-8 minutes (3-4 minutes on each side) or until done and juices run clear.
Awesome recipe! I make these in advance for camping.
We liked this, but didn't love it. It was a nice blend of flavors but a bit too strong for us. I did marinate it for about 24 hours - perhaps I'll try it for only 4 hours. I did LOVE how easy and fast this recipe was..dinner in a flash!