Recipe by Demelza
I found several spiced nut recipes on the internet some time ago. This was one in a group I saved, but the source did not transfer with the recipes. I made these peanuts for Christmas for a friend & she loved them. I did have to sample them before I packaged them & decided it was a good thing I was giving them away or I would have eaten them all myself! Update: I forgot to mention that I also zested the limes before juicing them & tossed the zest with the spices & peanuts. I just couldn't see wasting all that wonderful flavour.
- 6 cups unsalted cocktail peanuts (I used blanched unsalted peanuts)
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons sea salt (or kosher salt)