Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
Will try this soon. Sounds very good, so am posting it so that it is not lost. Found in the St George Spectrum newspaper 5/21/2008.
- 1⁄2 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn syrup, soy sauce, olive oil,chili powder and garlic together in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat. Boil 1 minute.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Brush on meats while grilling or broiling.
- Reserve some glaze to drizzle over cooked meat.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and thin slices of fresh lime.
- For extra heat, add a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of ground Chipotle Chili. This can also be used as a marinade.