Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Thai inspired recipe is from a handout at my local supermarket.
- 4 ounces cellophane noodles
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (Huy Fong brand recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) packageplain tempeh, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 lb baby bok choy, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped (garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped into small pieces (garnish)
- Soak noodles in large bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil in skillet over high heat. Add tempeh and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden on all sides.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer tempeh to bowl.
- Add remaining sesame oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and bok choy and stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce, green onions, ginger and tempeh.
- Stir-fry 1 minutes. Serve topped with basil and peanuts.