Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a fun and lively side dish! I made this up one day with ingredients that I had on hand. I have made it as an Asian side dish, an Indian side dish, and even as a Mexican side dish. It really works any way! If you don't have sesame or chili oil, any oil will do, just cut it down to only 2 tablespoons. I just really LOOOOOVE sesame oil! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in the sesame and chili oils over medium heat in a small skillet until onions are soft.
- Add chickpeas and stir mixture until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add lime juice.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Season with salt, pepper and cilantro.
AMAZING recipe. i loved it!!!! :D
Wonderful little side dish! I made this two nights in a row because I love it so much. It is good hot or cold. This will be made on a regular basis at our house. Thanks for the recipe!
This was good!