Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 limes (4 juices and 2 held back for reserve)
- Mix the dry spices together and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken and place the pieces in a ziploc bag.
- Pound the chicken with a metal mallet until it is all the same thickness.
- This makes cooking easier.
- Pour the juice from 4 limes over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the dry seasoning over the chicken to taste.
- Wimps usually only want 1/2 tsp per side of chicken.
- I then cooked the chicken for 5 1/2 minutes on a George Foreman grill.
- As each piece finished cooking and I removed it from the grill I squeezed the juice from 1/2 of a lime on it.
My husband loved it, and I thought it was pretty good too. I did add salt, and I used a little less lime than was called for. If you do a half teaspoon per side as instructed, you end up with quite a bit of extra spice mixture for next time.
I found this recipe looking for something similar to Red Robins chicken. I liked this one better.