Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, simple, make-ahead appetizer. From the Seattle Times newspaper.
Make and share this Chili Lemon Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 shallots, finely chopped or 2 green onions
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 1⁄4 lbs large bay shrimp
- 25 -30 wood skewers
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add shrimp , stir until coated. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning often.
- Remove shrimp. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Thread 1 shrimp starting at head end, lengthwise onto each skewer.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Broil on top rack for about 2 minutes per side, basting with marinade several times, until shrimp are pink.
- Shrimp can also be grilled on an electric grill or gas barbecue. Preheat electric grill for 5 minutes or barbecue to medium. Cook shrimp on greased grill for about 2 minutes per side, brushing several times with boiled marinade, until pink. Do not overcook.
We loved these...so easy to prepare...I cooked mine on the George Foreman grill...came out perfect...I did cut the recipe way down...there's just the two of us...had them for one of our appy nights...thanks for posting it...:)
We just loved this shrimp!!! Great combination of flavors, and for whimpy me, it isn't too spicy!!! My 20 yo DS and his girlfriend Kristin also loved the shrimp. This is something I will definitely make again, so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe my dear friend!! Made for ZWT8.
Even the beginner cook can't screw these yummy shrimp up! We loved them!