1/8 Photos of Chili Lemon Shrimp
Easy, simple, make-ahead appetizer. From the Seattle Times newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 shallots, finely chopped or 2 green onions
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 1/4 lbs large bay shrimp
- 25 -30 wood skewers
- 1Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- 2Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Add shrimp , stir until coated. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning often.
- 4Remove shrimp. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- 5Thread 1 shrimp starting at head end, lengthwise onto each skewer.
- 6Place on ungreased baking sheet. Broil on top rack for about 2 minutes per side, basting with marinade several times, until shrimp are pink.
- 8Shrimp can also be grilled on an electric grill or gas barbecue. Preheat electric grill for 5 minutes or barbecue to medium. Cook shrimp on greased grill for about 2 minutes per side, brushing several times with boiled marinade, until pink. Do not overcook.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Lemon Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: