Recipe by English_Rose
Enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean with this simple, flavourful recipe for piquant, home-marinated olives. Cooks Notes: The jars should be kept sealed for 1-2 days before opening.
- 14 ounces black olives
- 14 ounces whole green olives
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 3 lemon slices, each halved
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 3⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the olives, chili, lemon, garlic and bay leaves.
- Pack the mixture into two sterilised 1 pint jars.
- Pour in the olive oil, making sure that the olives are covered completely.
- Seal the jars and use within 2 weeks. Once the jars have been opened, store in the refrigerator.