Recipe by Boca Pat
This is so good. I got this from a woman's world magazine and I made it for superbowl last year and it got a standing ovation!!!
- 9 lasagna noodles (from 16oz pkg)
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crumble beef into nonstick skillet.
- Add onion, gr pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili pwdr, 1/2 tsp salt & pepper.
- Cook, stirring until beef is browned; drain
- Stir in 3/4 cup enchilada sauce; remove from heat
- In bowl lightly beat egg.
- Stir in ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, remaining cumin, chili pwdr and salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in 13X9 baking dish.
- Arrange 3 noodles over sauce.
- Spread with cheese mixture.
- Top with 3 noodles.
- Spread with beef mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Spread with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil, bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly about 10-15 minutes
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To Freeze: Flash freeze uncooked, wrap and label.
- To Reheat: Defrost overnight, and cook per directions.