Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from "Mr. Food" Art Ginsburg....I did a search for Chili Lasagne and came up with 1,864....none had this name but I can't guarantee its not posted under another name.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 2 cups Cheddar cheese, 2 sliced scallions, the corn, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 3/4 cup chili over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles over the chili.
- Place half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles then top with half of the remaining chili.
- Place 3 noodles over the chili then top with the remaining chili.
- Place the 3 remaining noodles over the chili
- Top with the remaining cheese mixture then top with the remaining chili.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the lasagna with the remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the oven.
- Sprinkle with the remaining scallions; and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- OPTION: For a spicier dish, add some hot pepper sauce and/or chili powder to the canned chili before assembling the lasagna.
This was wonderful....I used Hormel Turkey Chili with no beans...great fast weeknight dinner...