Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
From the Aus magazine Australian Good Food. I'm posting this here and plan to make it soon
Make and share this Chili, Kaffir Lime and Lemongrass Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Roughly tear 8 of the lime leaves and place in saucepan with apple, lemongrass, half of the chilli and 6 cups of water. Heat on high, until boiling, then return heat to low and simmer covered for one hour until the apples are very soft. Strain through a fine sieve or piece of muslin.
- Measure apple liquid (you should have approximately 4 cups). Allow one cup of sugar for each cup of liquid.
- Place apple liquid and sugar in a saucepan on low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until jelly sets when tested (see note).
- Finely shred the remaining lime leaves and add to the jelly along with the remaining chilli. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal immediately.
- Store the jelly in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months. Once opened, store in the fridge and use within 2 months.
- *Note* to test if the jelly is ready, place a small saucer in the freezer before you start. Drop 1 teaspoon jelly onto the saucer to cool. If it's ready, the jelly should stay in place and form a skin on the surface.