Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Awesome! Great for breakfast, brunch or supper. This recipe is from a bed and breakfast.
- 6 eggs
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml Mexican seasoning (or 1/8 teaspoon each oregano, garlic powder,cumin and black pepper)
- 395.10 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 44.37 ml chopped green chili peppers
- Beat eggs with whisk until fluffy.
- Stir in water, powdered milk, salt, seasonings, cheese and peppers.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately.
I made this lovely breakfast omelet on Sunday morning before church. It was easy, and quick to put together. I used Mexican oregano with the garlic, and cumin. It made the oregano taste a bit stronger, but that is the way we like it. Thanks for posting such a wonderful, easy, Sunday breakfast. It will be used a again. :-)
Made this for breakfast this morning. My family really enjoyed this. We loved the blend of seasonings and my DH wants to know when I will make it again. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is an excellent alternative to pan omelettes with the advantage that everyone's eggs can be ready at the same time. I cut back to 1 tbsp. on the chili peppers and added about 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes. Came out very light and full of flavour.