Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A casserole using your leftover chili, and a corn flavor from canned hominy.
- 4 cups hominy (yellow or white)
- 4 cups chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a large, heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron.
- In it, layer half of the hominy, the chili, onion, and cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is bubbly.