Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers
- Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place salmon, half at a time, in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, salt and black pepper. Add chopped salmon; mix gently until combined. Using damp hands, shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and 2 to 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce. Cover and chill until needed.
- For slaw, in a large bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Add shredded cabbage and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Lightly brush both sides of salmon patties with additional vegetable oil.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning and brushing once with sweet chile sauce halfway through grilling.
- To serve, spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Fill with salmon burgers, slaw, and cucumber slices.