Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
Make and share this Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless salmon fillets (thaw if frozen)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion (2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- vegetable oil or canola oil
- asian sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy)
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split and toasted
- 1 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place salmon, half at a time, in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, salt and black pepper. Add chopped salmon; mix gently until combined. Using damp hands, shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and 2 to 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce. Cover and chill until needed.
- For slaw, in a large bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Add shredded cabbage and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Lightly brush both sides of salmon patties with additional vegetable oil.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning and brushing once with sweet chile sauce halfway through grilling.
- To serve, spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Fill with salmon burgers, slaw, and cucumber slices.