Recipe by diner524
A recipe from my Weber's Charcoal Grilling cookbook, that sounds delicious and a nice change from the Buffalo wings. Posting for safe keeping.
Top Review by rico830
Thanks for posting this. Got this from my Weber cook book years ago then lost the cook book when I moved back to my hometown. Have searched all over the web, in cook books( didn't remember it was the Weber book), and old Men's Health Mags(thought that was where I had found it). Finally found it again thanks to you. My family & friends will all be very happy!
- 16 chicken wings, 3 to 3 1/2 pounds, wing tips removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the wings in a large bowl and evenly coat them with the oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes
- before grilling.
- In a small bowl whisk the glaze ingredients.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the
- seeds into a cool container to stop the cooking.
- Brush the cooking grate clean. Grill the wings over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skin turns
- golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Then lightly brush the
- wings with the glaze on both sides and grill until the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 8 to 10 minutes, continuing to turn, glaze, and
- swap their positions for even cooking (you may not need all of the glaze). Remove the wings from the grill and sprinkle the sesame
- seeds over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.