1/3 Photos of Chili-Glazed Chicken Wings With Toasted Sesame Seeds
A recipe from my Weber's Charcoal Grilling cookbook, that sounds delicious and a nice change from the Buffalo wings. Posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 chicken wings, 3 to 3 1/2 pounds, wing tips removed
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the wings in a large bowl and evenly coat them with the oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes
- 2before grilling.
- 3In a small bowl whisk the glaze ingredients.
- 4In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the
- 5seeds into a cool container to stop the cooking.
- 6Brush the cooking grate clean. Grill the wings over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skin turns
- 7golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Then lightly brush the
- 8wings with the glaze on both sides and grill until the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 8 to 10 minutes, continuing to turn, glaze, and
- 9swap their positions for even cooking (you may not need all of the glaze). Remove the wings from the grill and sprinkle the sesame
- 10seeds over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Glazed Chicken Wings With Toasted Sesame Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.7
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 1478.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce