This is a rich oil that goes a long way! Menu Sugguestions: Because of the large proportion of sesame oil, this is a rich oil. A little bit goes a long way. A spoonful added to a salad dressing or brushed on the plate on which a fish will steam or on the skin of a just smoked or roasted bird gives an unmatched touch of lushness. If you are a bread baker, brush a bit on your next loaf, if you are tossing pasta, drizzle a bit on the noodles just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a heavy, non aluminum 1 1/2 quart saucepan.
- 2Rest a deep-fry thermometer on the rim of the pot.
- 3Over moderately low heat, bring the mixture to a bubbly 225 degrees, stirring occasionally (if you don't have a thermometer, don't let this boil!).
- 4Let simmer for 15 minutes, checking to make sure the temperature does not rise.
- 5Remove from the heat and let stand until cool or overnight.
- 6Strain the oil without pressing the solids; then, discard the solids.
- 7Store the oil in an completely clean glass jar at cool room temperature.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Ginger Infused Oil
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: