1/2 Photos of Chili Garlic Broccoli
Tea Girl's Note:
This is a recipe of one of my friends. It was modified from a recipe with Kai-lan (Chinese broccoli) that her mom made back at home in China. She used Western broccoli because Kai-lan was usually pretty expensive where we were living. The measurements are estimates as she would do it by the look of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g broccoli (about one large head, chopped into bite sized florets, chop off the biggest ends)
- 1 long red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (important because it is sweeter, which you need with the less sweet Western broccoli, if you don't h)
- 1Boil water for steamer.
- 2Put broccoli in steamer for 4 minutes until slightly soften.
- 3Heat oil in pan on medium heat and fry chili and garlic for a minute.
- 4Turn up heat to high, add broccoli and stir occasionally for a minute.
- 5Add soy sauce, stir, cover and cook for a minute.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Garlic Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 545.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g