Donna M.'s Note:
This is a flavorful casserole that I concocted after experimenting with several recipes. It is very filling and makes a lot but is easily halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili con carne
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (, cheddar or co-jack)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- 1Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper.
- 2season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Drain fat.
- 4Stir in soup, chili and chili powder.
- 5Dump half the chips into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 6Top evenly with half the chili mixture, then half of the shredded cheese.
- 7Repeat the layers with the remaining chips, chili and cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- 9Remove from oven and top with olives and green onion slices.
- 10Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- 11NOTE: Recipe can be halved and baked in a smaller pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Frito Bake
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 979.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: