Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a flavorful casserole that I concocted after experimenting with several recipes. It is very filling and makes a lot but is easily halved.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili con carne
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (, cheddar or co-jack)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in soup, chili and chili powder.
- Dump half the chips into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Top evenly with half the chili mixture, then half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining chips, chili and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with olives and green onion slices.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- NOTE: Recipe can be halved and baked in a smaller pan.
This is quick and easy, I used ground turkey and turkey chili con carne. It takes me back to when I was a kid. I think all kids will like this one - perhaps without the green pepper.