Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a nice variation from plain ol' fries. This is from Mr. Food.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or cajun seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Add potato strips to olive oil mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Very good fries with just the right amount of spice - loved the chili powder and cumin. I baked mine in the toaster oven as I didn't want to heat up the house and they were done in 15 minutes. I made 1/2 batch and used 3 small potatoes that weighed in at 12 ounces total. I also left the peel on for more fiber.
We loved the spices in this recipe. I used the chili powder and only used 1 big tater. Will keep this one handy to make again. Thanks!!
Theses Chili Fries are the simplest and easiest to make, once in the oven no need to toss them. Just cook them at the right temperature, cool and sevre. We love them warm of cold! They are great anytime! This is the only way to have oven-fried potatoes! Enjoy, Grant S.