Recipe by children from A to Z
This is a nice variation from plain ol' fries. This is from Mr. Food.
Top Review by LainieBug
Very good fries with just the right amount of spice - loved the chili powder and cumin. I baked mine in the toaster oven as I didn't want to heat up the house and they were done in 15 minutes. I made 1/2 batch and used 3 small potatoes that weighed in at 12 ounces total. I also left the peel on for more fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or cajun seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Add potato strips to olive oil mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, for 25 minutes or until golden brown.