Recipe by Gordon Taylor
Needed a recipe that was easy to follow, and would serve a large group of Teens. This is a combination of recipes found on the internet.
Top Review by redwine
A very good basic "chili for a crowd" recipe. I ran across this while looking for a recipe for frito pie...one that uses home made chili instead of canned chili. This could very well become a favorite at our Cornhusker football paties. Thanks Gordon, for posting this !
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cansranch style kidney beans (with liquid)
- 2 (14 5/8 ounce) cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 2 green chili peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a large Pot over medium heat.
- Drain off the fat.
- Crumble the cooked beef into small pieces Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hrs stirring every 15 minutes.
- Serving size 3/4 cup.