Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Needed a recipe that was easy to follow, and would serve a large group of Teens. This is a combination of recipes found on the internet.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cansranch style kidney beans (with liquid)
- 2 (14 5/8 ounce) cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 2 green chili peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a large Pot over medium heat.
- Drain off the fat.
- Crumble the cooked beef into small pieces Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hrs stirring every 15 minutes.
- Serving size 3/4 cup.
A very good basic "chili for a crowd" recipe. I ran across this while looking for a recipe for frito pie...one that uses home made chili instead of canned chili. This could very well become a favorite at our Cornhusker football paties. Thanks Gordon, for posting this !
This was great chili, I did adjust if for me and hubby. I didn't add the chili's, because Iwas going to feed it to my 1 year old. I added double the amount of kidney beans because that is what I ahd on hand. and halved the whole recipie. It was just a great over all chili, for frito, bake taters, or just with crackers. Aggie
I made this recipe for myself and my daughter who is a very finicky eater. We both LOVED it! All the ingredients combined cost me about $12.00 and we ate it for a week. It was very simple to assemble and involved very little prep time. Thanks for posting this one!