Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comfort food for babies! I found this recipe in Blender Baby Food by Nicole Young. She suggests this recipe for babies 8 months and older. For older kids you can add cheese. You can also serve this in a biscuit bowl or a split baked potato.
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- In a skillet, brown beef over medium-high heat, breaking up any larger pieces until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Drain off fat and return beef to skillet.
- Add tomatoes with juice, kidney beans, green pepper and corn. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are very tender. Let cool.
- Transfer to blender and puree on high speed to desired consistency.