Recipe by Olha
Full of flavour with ground beef and smoked kielbasa with kidney and pinto or black beans. If you don’t like spicy chili or you want more spicy just adjust the spices.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans or 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced and halved
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 fresh banana peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 quart kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 20-24 servings (6 quarts).
- Taste of Home.