- 6 (106 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 6 (106 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (106 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 10 lbs ground beef
- 10 lbs sausage
- 1 cup salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups chili powder
- 10 large onions
- 6 green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onions & green peppers.
- Brown ground beef & sausage with onions & green peppers; drain and then keep warm.
- Heat tomato sauce & tomatoes to a boil.
- Add chili powder, salt & sugar to the tomato mixture stirring well after addition Return to a boil.
- Add meat mixture to the tomatoes stirring well after addition
- Return to a boil.
- Add beans to chili mixture & heat through stirring regularly.