Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is a great recipe, literally feeds about 6-8 people with leftovers
- 3 -4 lbs ground beef
- 2 -3 chopped onions
- 4 -5 stalks chopped celery
- 5 cups crushed tomatoes or 5 cups tomato sauce
- 4 -5 cups kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- meat tenderizer
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- In large Saucepot break up and lightly brown ground meat while adding meat tenderizer.
- Add Onions and celery and cook until browned.
- Add Tomatoes, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Hot sauce to your own liking.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for about one hour stirring occasionaly.
- Add beans and cook about 30 minutes longer, adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese if desired, place over cooked noodles or rice, or plain.