Recipe by Rita~
This is one of the dishes I made for a big crowd that will be partying with us on the Fourth of July. (You can cut the recipe in half or you can freeze for a latter day).I used venison but you can use lean beef. Venison is very lean. I use small cubed pieces of meat as well as ground. Gives it more texture. But its melt in your mouth cubes of meat. It really does melt in your mouth. All the different ingredients blend together to give you a nice spicy almost 5 alarm chili. I used Goya beans which are not to be rinsed. Check your cans most do need a rinse.The picture shown is one serving and topped with grated cheddard cheese, sour cream, and Salsa Verde Salsa Verde.
Top Review by domsmom94
I began using this recipe about 3 years ago. It is absolutely wonderful! Perfect amount of heat, very hearty too. I have made it and substituted ground turkey, turkey breast (cubed) and turkey sausage (trying to be healthy) and it is just as great. It makes enough for a party, with lots left over (and it is even better the next day). Thank you Rita!!!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lbs ground venison or 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs of cubed venison or 2 lbs beef
- 2 hot Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 -6 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced
- 14 ounces dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, I like it but I know down south it unheard of (optional)
- 4 cups turkey broth or 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large pot.
- I used my 18 quart electric roaster oven (counter top).
- It`s like a very very large crock pot.
- Heat to 400 degrees add oil and brown meats.
- While meat is browning add onions, peppers, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Continue to cook till all meat is browned stirring often.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and lower the temperature to 275 degrees and cook for 2-3 hour till all the flavor meld into a delish chili. Be sure to stir all the while!
- Check for seasoning.
- Enjoy over rice or straight.