1/2 Photos of Chili for a Big Bash
3 hrs 25 mins
This is one of the dishes I made for a big crowd that will be partying with us on the Fourth of July. (You can cut the recipe in half or you can freeze for a latter day).I used venison but you can use lean beef. Venison is very lean. I use small cubed pieces of meat as well as ground. Gives it more texture. But its melt in your mouth cubes of meat. It really does melt in your mouth. All the different ingredients blend together to give you a nice spicy almost 5 alarm chili. I used Goya beans which are not to be rinsed. Check your cans most do need a rinse.The picture shown is one serving and topped with grated cheddard cheese, sour cream, and Salsa Verde Salsa Verde.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lbs ground venison or 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs of cubed venison or 2 lbs beef
- 2 hot Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 -6 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced
- 14 ounces dark beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, I like it but I know down south it unheard of (optional)
- 4 cups turkey broth or 4 cups water
- 1In a very large pot.
- 2I used my 18 quart electric roaster oven (counter top).
- 3It`s like a very very large crock pot.
- 4Heat to 400 degrees add oil and brown meats.
- 5While meat is browning add onions, peppers, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- 6Continue to cook till all meat is browned stirring often.
- 7Add all the rest of the ingredients and lower the temperature to 275 degrees and cook for 2-3 hour till all the flavor meld into a delish chili. Be sure to stir all the while!
- 8Check for seasoning.
- 9Enjoy over rice or straight.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili for a Big Bash
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 764.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo