Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded
- Score steak and rub with chili powder.
- Coat with a mixture of flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned pepper.
- pound steak on both sides with a wooden mallet or the edge of a plate to tenderize, cut into 6 pieces.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Remove and reserve.
- Saute onion, carrot, green pepper and tomato in pan drippings.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; remove from heat.
- Combine steak and sauteed vegetables in crockpot add wine and hot chili pepper; cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.