Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
serve with rice
- 500 g cod, fish skinless and boneless cut into 1 inch cube
- 2 tablespoons oil
- oil (for deep frying)
- 10 green chilies, deseeded and chopped in to fine strips
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut into large squares
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 5 g fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces one cup
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 taplespoon cornflour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon corn starch mix with 4 tbsp water
- Marinade the fish cubes with salt, lime juice, garlic paste,corn flour and egg white for 15 minutes.
- Take the fish out of the marinade, deep fry, take out and keep on absorbent tissue.
- Heat little oil in a frying pan, add the onion, and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic and ginger juliennes, fry for 30 seconds.
- Add cut Chilli strips and fry for few more seconds.
- Add the Bell Pepper.
- Stir contentiously and fry for 2 minutes.
- now add the fish pieces,.
- Pour in the dark Soya Sauce, sugar, little water and bring it to boil, cook for one minute.
- Pour the Corn Starch Paste and fold fast so that the sauce thickens and oil separates out.
- Sprinkle the chopped spring onions.
- Serve immediately with Rice, Noodles or pass it as finger snack with drinks.