Recipe by Rita~
This is a great way to have free time while hosting a party!! The prep time is all the work. And can be done the day before. You can serve it over Rice topped with cheese or roll it into a wrap, a side of sour cream, salsa, and sliced avocados. You will like this thick and spicy dish.
Top Review by Susie D
I tried this due to a challenge on the World Tour Event. I used ground turkey and made in a crockpot, otherwise followed the ingredients & instructions. I am sad to say this wasn't to my taste. I couldn't get past the sweetness, but I am from Texas and have a preconceived idea of what chili is. Thanks Rita for sharing your recipe.
- olive oil, to cover bottom of pan
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 453.59 g ground beef (or mixture) or 453.59 g ground pork (or mixture) or 453.59 g ground veal (or mixture) or 453.59 g ground turkey (or mixture)
- 680.38 g beef, cubed 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 226.79 g beer
- 22.18 ml instant coffee
- 340.19 g tomato paste
- 709.77 ml water (Add more if you need to thin)
- 7.39 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.16-88.74 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml cocoa powder
- 14.79-29.58 ml oregano
- 14.79-29.58 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 9.85 ml smoked paprika or 9.85 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml curry
- 2 bay leaves
- 255.14 g package au jus mix
- 907.18 g can red beans
- 907.18 g can pink beans
- 907.18 g can black beans
- 907.18 g can white beans
- 2 diced jalapenos (or more) or 2 diced chipotle chiles in adobo (more of you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Cook onions, leeks, garlic, ground, and cubed meats, till browned.
- Add every thing else except for half the beans.
- Cook for 2 hours over low heat or in a crock pot.
- Stir in rest of beans.
- Taste to see if it`s to your HEAT!
- Re season, Cook 30 more minutes.
- Serve with corn bread and a crisp salad.