1/2 Photos of Chili Fiesta!
3 hrs 25 mins
This is a great way to have free time while hosting a party!! The prep time is all the work. And can be done the day before. You can serve it over Rice topped with cheese or roll it into a wrap, a side of sour cream, salsa, and sliced avocados. You will like this thick and spicy dish.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, to cover bottom of pan
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef (or mixture) or 1 lb ground pork (or mixture) or 1 lb ground veal (or mixture) or 1 lb ground turkey (or mixture)
- 1 1/2 lbs beef, cubed 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups water (Add more if you need to thin)
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (9 ounce) package au jus mix
- 1 (32 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (32 ounce) can pink beans
- 1 (32 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (32 ounce) can white beans
- 2 diced jalapenos (or more) or 2 diced chipotle chiles in adobo (more of you like)
- 1Heat oil in large pot.
- 2Cook onions, leeks, garlic, ground, and cubed meats, till browned.
- 3Add every thing else except for half the beans.
- 4Cook for 2 hours over low heat or in a crock pot.
- 5Stir in rest of beans.
- 6Taste to see if it`s to your HEAT!
- 7Re season, Cook 30 more minutes.
- 8Serve with corn bread and a crisp salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Fiesta!
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 1065.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g