Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great spread for sandwiches, or crackers. A light spread that is fast and easy to make. We love it and I know you will too.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese (or Lite Cream Cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 5 chopped egg whites (discard the yolks of boiled eggs)
- With electric blender cream the Neufchatel.
- Blend in nuts, onion, green pepper and chili sauce. Start with 1/4 cup chili sauce and adjust to personal taste.
- Add chopped egg whites and mix well.
- Serve as a snack on crackers or as a sandwich spread.