Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful ! helpful when you have unexpected guest.
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted cooled
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced mild green chilies
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (1lb)
- mild salsa, on the side (optional)
- saute sausage onions mushrooms until sausage is cooked thoroughly and onions and mushrooms are soft.
- drain fat.
- Beat eggs till lemon colored, add rest of the ingred.
- stir in chilies.
- Bake in buttered 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 35 min.
- until top is set and center is firm.
- may cut in half for future use.
- Freezes wonderfully, thaw on counter overnight and microwave 10 min on high.
- TIP: when cooking large amounts of eggs, add a bit of lemon juice to stop eggs from turning green.