Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I snagged this wonderful dish from Missouri's Innkeepers book. I used 8 ounces mixed cheddar and Monterey Jack and 8 ounces of Monterey Jack. I baked it about 45 minutes.
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese (2 cups)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- Beat eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, cottage cheese and shredded cheese.
- Add melted butter and chilies.
- Pour into well greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until center is firm.
- Reheats nicely.
Sure made a hit with the guests and was very easy to make. I served it with a fruit compote, Italian sausage and biscuits. No need to say "NOT" a low cal meal, but oh, so worth the cals. I used 8 0z of a taco seasoned blend of jack and cheddar cheese along with 8 oz. or regular cheddar. Yum!!!
The flavor of this dish was okay but neither my husband or I could handle the texture, we even tried putting it between two pieces of toast to no avail.
This was great! Made for x-mas brunch to go with fruit, ham and rolls, and cinnamon rolls, everyone loved it. Thanks so much!