Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is taken from an old Pillsbury cookbook I have had sitting on the shelf. It says it comes from a Bed & Breakfast called Pincushion Mountain in Grand Marais, Minnesota. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds very good, plus it is assembled the night before you need it (love those kind of recipes)!
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, if desired
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (l lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (4 ounce) cansmild chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 slices tomatoes, if desired
- Generously grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk until light and lemon colored.
- Beat flour, mustard, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and basil. Stir in cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and butter.
- Stir in chilies.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but not longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 375. Uncover and bake 40 minutes. Top with tomato slices, if using. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and center is firm.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.